Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ready, Set...BLOG!

Finally!!!! My computer has been messed up for quite a while so I couldn't blog. Thankfully Doug was able to tinker and get blogger to let me upload pictures, so, I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

Month in review:

June was spent neck-deep in completing adoption paperwork and meetings. And, starting the Great Clean Out Closets Project of 2011. My sister came to help, and she ended up falling through the ceiling. Yes, falling. THROUGH. the. ceiling. She went up in the attic, and I stayed downstairs/on the ladder, handing her things to put up there. There is a weird spot that LOOKS safe to step, but it's not, and she literally crashed through the ceiling and landed in the study, on the floor. Her arm and shoulder still hurt, but other than that, she was fine!!!! On the plus side -over the course of two Fridays, we managed to get all of my scrapbook and craft stuff into the spare room closet! I took three VERY full car loads to Katy Christian Ministries, and still have a little more cleaning out before we can have a nursery space and Eli "big boy room."

I finished our family scrapbook for the adoption agency, and was so glad to have a 40% off coupon for Shutterfly so I could get two copies made at a decent price. Our home study went just fine. Jan was here from about 10 a.m. until around 3:30 or 4. We did a lot of talking about our marriage, views on discipline, that kind of thing. My sister brought Eli home around 3ish, so Jan could meet/see him. He was like this perfect little angel while she was here! He was in a really good mood, and just played nicely with his toys while the adults talked. I was so proud of him. So now, it's just a waiting game. It's a weird let down in a way - June was such a whirl wind of getting everything submitted, and now, we just.....wait. Wait for a birth mom to choose us. Having no idea when that is going to happen is killing me!!! A true reminder for me, every day of just turning over my anxiety and worry to God, knowing and trusting in God's plan for our family, and that His plan will come to fruition in HIS timing.

So, now just trying to live life normally, but at the same time, do some preparation for a baby to come. We found a really nice crib on Craig's List, so bought that last weekend. I also bought some formula and newborn diapers. It makes me feel more connected to the process to be preparing in some way!

We went to the local Fourth of July celebration across the street from our house, over at the lakes. We pulled Eli in the wagon for the parade - next year, will definitely have to decorate the wagon! Because of the drought, firework sales were banned, and truthfully, I was so ok with that. I hate when people set off fireworks in the bayou behind our house, and the neighbors who love to set them off in the street in front of our house. I'm always afraid of fire! And, our dogs hate them.

Since it's been so incredibly hot outside, we haven't spent a ton of time outside. We try to still for a short walk in the afternoon, or around the small lake after dinner just so we can get out. But this heat stinks!!!

Now that I've done some basic catching up, I will do some other, picture filled posts this afternoon after church. I do have a lot of pictures to share and am looking forward to posting those!

See you again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment