Monday, April 11, 2011

Kites, bubbles, and slides

My friend Traci, her husband John, and 11 month old baby Matt came down (from Porter) to visit us on Sat evening! We thought it would be fun to have a picnic dinner and let the kids play in a park. Now I wish we had started our evening a little earlier so we would have had even more time to play! We ended up keeping the kids up a little on the late side for them, but it was all good. I learned my husband has never flown a kite before! It's been so long since I've flown one, I couldn't really remember the best way to get that thing up in the air. Traci and I still think we were able to get it up higher in the sky than the boys did, ha ha. Maybe it was too windy. Or cheap grocery store kites just don't do that great. Or we're incompetent kite flyers. Either way, the kids didn't seem to care how high the kite flew anyway....

Happy baby eating his fruit!


You can't really see the kite in this picture. Which I guess is a good thing cuz that means it flew kinda high for a few minutes! I just liked how Eli looks in this picture so wanted to include it.

Go Doug Go! (yep, it's a Cars themed kite from HEB)

Well shoot, we didn't really capture how high the kite went when the GIRLS were working on flying it! Here I am in all my running glory; I'm actually holding a kite string, not just running like an idiot across the field or doing a Little House on the Prairie impression.

Stomp those bubbles!


E loved this slide with rollers - since it rolls, no friction and you go really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment