Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

I admit, I like Valentine's Day. I keep reading all these people's post on FB and on blogs about how it's a Hallmark holiday, blah blah blah. But I like it. I like all the cheesy heart jewelry, the valentines, the decorations for baking stuff - can't wait till next year when E will be in a class and we can make valentines! Call me a dork, it's ok. Maybe because I like do crafty stuff, and Valentine's just screams for making crafts? I like celebrating my love for my friends and family all throughout the year, so on this one day, for me it's more about making cutesy stuff!!! And getting a nice surprise from my husband, and making him something cute. I blame my Love Language of Gifts (if you haven't read the book The 5 Love Languages, you should go buy it right now and read it. I haven't read it in many years so could probably use a brush up myself).

So after saying all that, I feel kinda bad that I didn't do more for my two main sweethearts yesterday! I suppose our Valentine card I made a couple of weeks ago counts as our main V-day thang. Yesterday, my sister in law along with niece and nephew came over and we made cupcakes. Right when it was time to decorate (and prime photo snapping time), E became extremely fussy and insisted on sitting on mommy's lap, so pictures this round are a little more limited. And I didn't get a pic of Doug's finished valentine - I guess I fell down on the job!

Aaron cracking the eggs.

Rachel adding the butter. A whole stick. Yep, they were GOOD cupcakes.

Eli adding the water.

Decorating....

...and more decorating....

Yes, he's holding a butter knife. We did hand over hand to frost his cupcake. Terrible pic of me. But as always, E's cuteness makes up for it.

Our final products! The kids love to tease Unc (they call Uncle Doug "Unc") by making his cupcakes (or cookies, or whatever) with a school logo that he doesn't like - so Rachel made one that says "peace love UT" - Aaron made him one with ATM crossed out, and "Boo on U of A" (University of Arizona I think, b/c I think his dad went to ASU). And, they made us a Baylor one too. Very creative niece and nephew. Aaron originally wanted to make one that said "ATM smells like cow dung" but we convinced him that was too long, and why don't we try things like "Be mine" and "I love you".....guess that's a 7 yr old boy's version of a Valentine cupcake....

No comments:

Post a Comment