Monday, May 16, 2011

Finally Used Chalkboard Paint

I've heard and seen people using chalkboard paint, and decided to try it out. I saw a framed chalkboard on http://www.nester.com/, she had written something on it and had it as part of her wall decor. I had a white framed bulletin board that I never use, it just hangs there in my laundry room, so decided to use that for my project.

Forgot to take a "before" picture, but, it was just white - I spray painted it with Heirloom white, because I wanted it to be slightly off-white, not bright white, to match my dining room-turned-play-room. I didn't tape it off, because I knew I'd be painting the cork.


Used the chalkboard paint on the cork. I wasn't sure how the cork would respond to the paint, but it didn't appear to be soaking up excessive amounts of paint. Don't you like how I used my husband's textbooks from grad school as anchors for my paint tarp?


Here it is all finished up. It doesn't erase as smoothly as I'd like, and that could be because I painted it on, well, cork. But it will do - heck, the frame was free so didn't hurt to try it out! I'm imagining myself keeping it near my computer work space, and putting inspiring messages and Bible verses on it. Since I'm in that room quite a bit, thought I could use a little more inspiration in there.


I also painted the top of Eli's little child sized table. Quickly ran a piece of sandpaper over the top, and slapped the paint on there. Didn't take an after picture, so you'll just have to use your imagination and think of how it would look with a black top!

Chalkboard paint really is the coolest product! Who knows what else I'll be inspired to make with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment